The vision of the Faculty is to be recognized as a centre of excellence both locally and regionally and to be ranked first within the next 10 years.
The mission of the faculty is to prepare highly qualified students capable of providing high-quality care/work. It integrates advanced technologies, learning methodologies and research in an inter-professional environment to inspire students who are committed to health, inquiry and social responsibility. This aims at meeting the domestic and regional community medical care needs with the contribution of new specialties and erasing the deficit in the specialty needed. All the departments in collaboration with other departments in medical faculties are deemed in training and a continuous education centre for students and graduates from all medical fields, internally and externally.
Values and principles
The Faculty strives to be evidence-based in teaching, research, health care and public services. In exercising this the Faculty is:
* led by the values of health equity and social justice embodied in the Primary Health Care philosophy.
* guided by high ethical standards.
* committed to the principles of respect for human rights and human dignity.
1. To serve as a centre of formal study in sciences of nursing, physiotherapy, speech therapy, laboratory medical technology, clinical engineering (medical equipment technology), health management, medical secretarial work, dental technology, dental hygiene, and radiography.
2. To develop health manpower by providing undergraduate/graduate training program.
3. To conduct research relating to various health problems and disease in the community.
4. To provide the support services in urban and rural areas.
5. To support and guide various programs at National level.
6. To establish and maintain links with national and international institutions, bodies, agencies and individuals, both academic and professional, in the interest of promoting development in health and related areas of knowledge.