CategoriesFaculty of Dentistry
This Pre-Clinical course introduces student to the fundamentals of orthodontics, where in the student acquires knowledge in the topics related to :
1. General concept of growth and development.
2. Morphologic development of craniofacial structures including 3.development of dentition and occlusion.
4. Concepts of malocclusion and its classification. 5. Normal and abnormal functions of stomatognathic system.
6. Etiology of malocclusion.
7. Basis of orthodontic diagnosis.
8. Use of diagnostic aids.
9. Biomechanical principles in orthodontic tooth movement.
10. Age factor in orthodontics.
11. Concepts of anchorage.
The course also gives the student the basic skills needed, prior to fabrication of simple removable orthodontic appliances.