Libya has passed through difficult stages throughout its history particularly in the last 50 years. Education at all levels has suffered from lack of well-designed strategies that can produce successful graduates and societal development in different domains. In addition, education has suffered from instability in the regulations that govern it. Medical studies in particular are demanding and they suffered of lack of clear vision of what suits the community needs. The Libyan International Medical University was established by a group of pioneers in medical education who vowed to produce a change in medical education through producing a good example that applies the most recent and evidence-backed educational strategies. The learning provost office is responsible on gearing up the educational processes including instruction, assessment, and research.
Adel Ibrahim Altawaty
Overseeing university-level undergraduate education initiatives that support and enhance the undergraduate experience.
Providing direction to and help innovating new university-wide programs that serve undergraduate students.
Coordinating the oversight, development and implementation of educational policies and procedures related to undergraduate education.
Working closely with college deans in all areas related totransfer policies, undergraduate curriculum, orientation programming, and instruction systems and the implementation of technologies designed specifically to improve the quality of services and information available to staff and students with the specific intent of enhancing student success and learning.
The Learning provost is expected to maintain strong relationship with college deans and deputy deans and to work closely with the curriculum development committees through program representatives at the Educational Programs Office.
Provides support for expanding undergraduate student research through promoting integration of research methodology in curricula and oversight of the electronic databases in collaboration with those primarily responsible for implementation.
Reviews and supports University general education.
Liaise with the Provost of postgraduate degrees in developing postgraduate programs and methods of instruction.
Audits student completion of University general education requirements.
Works in collaboration with the Office of Admissions and the Office of Student Affairs and Services on policies and strategies related to student recruitment, retention, and progression toward their degree.
Facilitates reviews of undergraduate general education initiatives.
Serves as member of Committee of postgraduate studies.
Oversees the overall quality of teaching and learning.
Oversees methods of student and faculty assessment.
Works to create educational focal points in colleges.
To have LIMU become excellence center and a reference icon of higher education in and beyond the MENA region.
Develop and introduce up to date instructional and assessment strategies that help produce up to the edge curricula and competent graduates.
Responsibilities of the Educational Programs Office (EPO)
- Understands and communicates the reasons for decisions and recommendations issued by the Learning Provost (LP).
- Helps the LP understands and appreciate the educational activities carried out by each program.
- Help organize inter-professional educational activities with other faculties/programs.
- Keep track of faculty council meetings and updates the LP of the faculty council views & decisions.
- Helps the learning provost in discovering areas in need for improvement.
- Communicates and explains the background of major decisions taken by program board.
- Suggests and discuss with LP solutions to issues relevant to individual programs.
- Explains the positions & recommendations and decisions taken by LP to the chief and staff members of each program.
- Identifies risks and uncertainties and takes account of these in planning and priority setting.
- Helps LP to selects the best option from a range of potential solutions for key problems
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with other members of the Educational Program Office.
- Updates the LP on any contemplated changes in the execution of the program and student assessment.
- Helps decide, prioritize and organize staff development initiatives.
Responsibilities E-Learning Office
- Supervise the use of modern information and communication technology to provide solutions to difficulties facing e-learning.
- Promote e-learning applications.
- Foster coordination between the various bodies inside and outside the university regarding systems and procedures for e-learning in its various forms.
- Working to facilitate the possibility of receiving and obtaining the scientific material in a way that suits the student, by coordinating the efforts necessary to provide various resources that contribute to providing a diverse learning environment according to the method that is most sensitive to the different student ‘learning modalities.
- Proposing electronic plans and programs in cooperation with the coordinators of different scientific programs and the ICT office.
Responsibilities Scientific Documentation Office
- Documenting learning activities using different media.
- Participate in designing logos and publications for educational and academic purposes.
- Directing educational media production and uploading the material on YouTube and the like.