[vc_row][vc_column][vc_media_grid grid_id=\”vc_gid:1592814237708-77b0de8e-f010-6\” include=\”402738,402737,399840\”][vc_separator color=\”blue\” align=\”align_left\” border_width=\”3\”][vc_tta_tour][vc_tta_section title=\”Organizational Rapport\” tab_id=\”Organizational-Rapport\”][vc_column_text]The Academic Council is considered the supreme academic authority of the University.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=\”Overall Objective\” tab_id=\”Overall-Objective\”][vc_column_text]Ensuring adherence to strategies and public policies to achieve the vision and mission for which the university was established, and to enable the university in its various faculties to obtain and maintain excellence in accordance with the highest standards, in a way that builds and strengthens the university\’s identity and solidifies and makes its competitive advantages and emphasizes its essential role in achieving scientific and practical partnership with local, regional and international institutions within the limits stipulated by the approved regulations and the decisions issued.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=\”Formation of the Academic Council\” tab_id=\”Formation-of-the-Academic-Council\”][vc_column_text]The Academic Council of the University consists of the following:
- The President of the University – Chairman
- Agents of the university – members
- Deans – members
- The Director of the Documentation and Information Office – Council Rapporteur.
- The Council may invite any party to attend specific meetings when necessary.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=\”Academic Council Functions and Terms of References\” tab_id=\”Academic-Council-Functions-and-Terms-of-References\”][vc_column_text]
- Drawing the general policy for the academic planning of undergraduate and postgraduate studies and scientific research.
- Approving the study plans and curricula submitted by the Faculties Councils.
- Follow up the implementation of academic plans and verify its quality.
- To determine the names of the degrees awarded by the university.
- Raise recommendation to grant scientific certificates to the University Council.
- Approving the graduation results within faculties.
- Assist in establishing the general plans for the development of faculties and departments.
- To consider the faculties councils or scientific committee recommendations and to give its opinion on them.
- The proposal to \”cancel\” or \”change\” faculties names and their departments and to propose the establishment, consolidation, or cancellation of the centers or change the name of any of them within the framework of the university\’s general policy.
- Expressing its opinion in all that would achieve the University objectives and its mission and strategy.
- Studying the faculties\’ quarterly and annual reports, including the Quality Assurance Office reports, by the remediation of negatives and the enhancement of positives before submitting them to the University Presidency.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tour][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator color=\”blue\” align=\”align_left\”][/vc_column][/vc_row]