The Quality Assurance Office establishes, maintains, and modernizes the quality management system at the university, and creates a database that includes all business and periodic reports in the office, the office participates and supervises all internal and external evaluation processes at the university, to identify strengths and weaknesses, and to develop a plan for development and improvement and follow up their implementation with the quality assurance offices in colleges.
Where periodical reports on the quality of all components of educational programs at the university are prepared and presented at academic council meetings.
One of the basic tasks of the university’s quality assurance office is to follow up on institutional and programmatic accreditation processes at all levels locally, regionally, and internationally.
also contributes to preparing the university strategy and following up the implementation and implementation of executive plans with all administrative and academic units
- Spreading awareness and instilling a culture of quality among all concerned parties (students, staff, teaching staff, community institutions).
- Achieving quality of work in administrative units and academic programs.
- To consolidate the principles of self-evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the educational process and support services following the University’s Mission and Goals and based on the criteria of accreditation of the “National Center for the Accreditation of Educational and Training Institutions”.
The Quality Office annual objectives which contribute to the realization of university’s vision and mission and its strategic objectives are:
- Improve the quality of work performance in the administrative and academic units, through:• Develop a quality management system that meets national standards (quality assurance and accreditation standards) and international standards (ISO 9001: 2008 requirements)• Conduct internal audit work for academic and administrative units.
- Contribute to the development of the provided educational programs through:• Provide workshops and training programs to raise the quality and skills of quality assurance coordinators, students, faculty and staff in the field of quality assurance and accreditation.• Periodic evaluation of the educational programs components provided for the purpose of continuous improvement and development, and the preparation of relevant calendar reports such as course reports and educational program reports. • Evaluation of the teaching staff performance (work performance, teaching, research and community service).
- Contribute to (accreditation / re-accreditation) of both institutional / programmatic by achieving the following strategies:• Presenting workshops about the accreditation criteria application (institutional / programmatic).• Conduct self-study according to the accreditation criteria (institutional / programmatic).• Preparing a self-study report.
- Following-up and implementation of general policies for performance evaluation and quality assurance for all academic and administrative units.
- Contribute to the revision of the University’s strategy, mission and objectives in the light of developments and latest updates to revise and improve the educational process.
- Assisting Faculties in establishing and supervising the performance evaluation and quality assurance units of these Faculties, and providing advice for conducting self-assessment studies and setting-up and preparing for accreditation.
- Preparation and planning for the follow-up, inspection and self-evaluation systems of the institution’s activities and its various academic and administrative programs through observing and monitoring deficiencies in the faculties and the university’s facilities and departments.
- Conduct field visits to various administrative and academic units to verify the performance quality.
- Compiling the self-assessment and analysis results, and explaining the negative and positive aspects, and presenting the proposals for the performance development of different units in the “educational institution” (the university) as a fundamental step in obtaining accreditation to enhance the quality of education in the “educational institution”.
- Establishment of database for all programs and degrees awarded by the “educational institution” and to all administrative units in the “educational institution” in order to follow up the development of the educational process.
- Disseminate information on quality assurance mechanisms and accreditation to raise awareness among faculty members and employees of the institution and students about the importance of implementing quality assurance and accreditation systems.
- Communicate with the corresponding offices of other educational institutions to benefit and exchange experiences.
- Presenting a report to the University President which includes all positives and negatives of internal and external auditing.